Please note that the Council of Ontario Universities has announced that Ontario’s universities will maintain their COVID-19 vaccination and masking policies until at least the end of the current term.
The University of Toronto will maintain the requirement to wear masks in indoor spaces on all three campuses until at least the end of the academic term, including the exam period. Exceptions to this requirement can be found in the University’s Mask Guideline. As previously announced, we will also continue to require mandatory vaccination and health screening for the balance of the term.
Due to the on-going police presence and severe restriction of vehicle access into and around the UofT area, we have decided to postpone tomorrow’s tryout.
Also, in order to give ample time for parents to plan and for their children to have a proper tryout week, the Golden Jets first age group practices will occur as follows:
Thu Mar 3 – Central Tech High School – 7pm – 725 Bathurst St, Toronto, ON M5S 2R5 (northeast corner of Harbord)
Sat Mar 5 – UofT 50m Pool – 12noon – 55 Harbord Street (southeast corner of Spadina)
Sun Mar 7 – UofT 50m Pool – 5pm
This week will represent an opportunity to try practices as well as be evaluated. After the end of the week, anyone wishing to practice will need to register on-line with Water Polo Canada AND remit the club fee.
We will be sending out a reminder on the entry process for UofT (whatever that process will be given that the Province will be opening up events to full capacity).
We apologize for the short notice about the change but the road closures only just occurred late last night and are still in effect now (early Saturday evening).
George & Jacqui
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 20 – 4:30pm arrival/check-in at turnstile; 4:45pm assemble in pool gallery to be walked to Spadina changerooom; 5pm practice start time. For those interested (all age groups), please email: email@example.com and more detailed info will be supplied.
Unfortunately, the TDSB has notified the club that all school pool permits are on hold until at least after October 18. There has also been no word from UofT concerning the availability of outside rentals to the club.
Accordingly, there will be no practices available until at least the third week of October.
We will keep everyone informed should the situation change.